Last update: 30th July, 2015
Introduction and General Term: Thanks for visiting one of the Nando’s websites or for downloading and installing the Nando’s App. We want to make sure you feel reassured about what happens when you browse our website or give us any of your information. Formal’s not our style, so we’ve made this as easy to read as we can.
Nando’s is registered as a company in the UK as Nando’s Chickenland Limited (UK). Our registered company number is 02580031. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (Registration Number: Z9462934) under the Data Protection Act 1998.
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). If you want to read more about the “Act”, you can do so here: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
Our websites in the UK and the Republic of Ireland are:
We’ll refer to these websites collectively as the “Site” in future mentions in this policy.
1. What information will Nando’s collect about me?
When you visit our “Site” (on a mobile device, tablet or desktop) or download and use our app, you may provide us with information personal to you, such as your name, your address, your email address, your mobile phone number and your date of birth (your "Information"). You may provide additional “Information” if you wish.
You may provide us with “Information” in a number of ways:
1) by registering your Nando’s Card (either online or using our App) or by subscribing to receive email, SMS or Push communications from us. To become a registered Nando’s Card holder you must provide us with your name, email address, date of birth and postcode, but you may provide us with additional information if you choose to do so.
2) by ordering a takeaway using our online ordering service or by using our App. When you place an takeaway order online we may collect information such as what items you’ve browsed, your favourite orders, if you’ve applied any dietary filters and if you have selected one of our restaurants as a favourite
3) by inputting your credit or debit card details or PayPal account – but only in order to complete a transaction
4) by allowing us to collect your physical location through our app (if you have enabled Location Services and agreed to allow Nando’s to send you Push messages)
5) by registering a Nando’s Gift Card online (in order to protect your balance).
6) by corresponding with our Customer Experience team by email, live chat, in writing, on social media or telephone, in which case we may retain the content of your emails, letters or conversations together with your title, name, email address, the social media username that you’re using, telephone number and our responses. You may provide us with additional “Information” if you wish.
We also collect information about your device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, the geographical location of your device, the pages on our “Site” or app that you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregated and it does not identify you as an individual. We do this to help improve your experience on our “Site” and app.
2. What is Nando's cookies policy?
What are cookies?
What information is collected and how do we use it?
Two different types of cookie are used on our “Site”: Strictly Necessary Cookies and Performance Cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential for you to use our “Site”. They’ll only be stored for the duration of your visit. Without them, you may not be able to move around certain parts our “Site” or use some of its features. We use these cookies to:
Allow your device to be recognised so that any page changes, items or data selections are remembered on your visit; and
Detect software on your device which enables certain content on our “Site”.
Performance Cookies aren't essential but they provide us with useful anonymous information about how our customers use our “Site”. Without them, it would be difficult for us to understand how our “Site” is performing and we may miss out on the opportunity to make improvements that could make your user experience better. We use these cookies to:
Obtain statistics about how our “Site” is used (including which pages are visited most often and how users came to visit our “Site”);
Evaluate our “Site” performance; and
Help us make sure that the content and features on our “Site” are relevant for your future visits.
The cookies on our “Site” only collect anonymised information and these cookies cannot be used to identify you as an individual.. We may use these cookies to target you with online advertising.
How to reject, delete or accept cookies
If you use our “Site”, it means you agree with our collecting cookies. You can set your web browser to allow, switch off or delete cookies on ours and other websites. In a few cases, switching off or deleting cookies might reduce the functionality of or stop you accessing certain websites (including our “Site”).
We use a number of social media tools and external applications to enhance your interaction with our “Site”. For example, we sometimes embed videos from YouTube on our “Site”. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third party websites for more information about the cookies they use.
3. How will Nando’s use my “Information”?
We’ll take good care of any “Information” that you give us and we’ll use it in the following ways:
1) to allow you to register your Nando’s Card with us, subscribe to any other services available on our “Site” where you choose to do so, and to respond to any correspondence;
2) to contact you with information about Nando’s products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent when you registered with us
3) to make sure you get the best experience from our “Site” or App – depending on what computer or device that you’re using;
4) if you’re using the App (and you have given us permission to do so by enabling this on your device) to send you ‘Push’ notifications containing information about our products and services and to provide you with information in the App
5) to notify you about changes to any of our services.
4. Do you share my “Information” with anyone else?
We treat your “Information” with the care and respect that we would our own. It is stored safely and securely. There are occasions when we might have to transfer “Information” to third parties. These include:
We may also share such details with auditors or legal professionals to obtain professional advice. If we do this, your statutory data protection rights will be preserved.
You should be aware that if we’re requested by the police, a regulatory or government authority in the investigation of suspected illegal activities to provide your “Information”, then we are entitled do so.
Occasionally, we’ll ask to share your “Information” with third parties for marketing purposes. We’ll only do this when we have your explicit consent to do so (for example, when you enter a competition on our “Site” we’ll ask you to tick a box to consent). If you don’t give your consent, it won’t prejudice your chances in any competitions.
5. What security measures are in place to protect my “Information”?
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your information, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the “Site”; any transmission is at your own risk. We have strict security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access once we have received your “Information”. We’ll continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
6. How and where will Nando’s store my “Information”?
Where you’ve chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of our “Site” or App, you’re responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that you don’t share your password with anyone else. We recommend that your password is unique to your Nando’s account. We will not be liable for any unauthorised access or transactions entered into using your name and password where it has been shared with your permission or if you haven’t taken adequate steps to prevent it on either a desktop computer or another device. If you access our “Site” using a public computer, we advise you not to store your password and to log out of any parts of our “Site”. If you’re using a mobile phone or tablet to use our “Site” or App, we advise that you have an appropriate passcode.
7. Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & ad-servers
8. How can I find out what “Information” Nando’s holds about me?
The “Act” gives you the right to access “Information” that is held about you. You can exercise your right to access this in accordance with the “Act”. To protect your privacy and security, we’ll take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies of any relevant materials. We’re entitled to charge a fee for this service. You can request access to your “Information” that we hold about you by:
Speaking to our Customer Experience team by telephoning 0800 975 8181 (Monday-Friday 9:00 – 17:30)
Chatting to us using the live chat function on our website
Emailing us at email@example.com
Writing to us at Nando’s Customer Experience, Erico House, 93-99 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, London SW15 2TG
Messaging us on Facebook or Twitter (if you’re sending us your number or anything else personal to you then please only do this via a direct message).
9. How long will Nando’s keep my information for?
We won’t keep your “Information” for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or than is required by law.
10. The use of our site by under 14s
It’s important to us that children can enjoy our “Site” and “App” in a responsible fashion. Therefore, children under the age of fourteen (14) years old should have permission from a parent or guardian before providing “Information”. We encourage the supervision of children's online activities. For example, parental control tools which are available online to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other “Information” online without parental permission. Your child's privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding children's “Information” collected online. Users of our “Site” may participate in many activities without providing any “Information”. However, if you’d like to participate in certain interactive features on our “Site”, we’ll ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your email address and age.
Nando’s will not send any marketing communications to anyone who is aged under 16.
12. How can I contact Nando’s?
Nando’s Customer Experience, Erico House, 93-99 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, London SW15 2TG.