Wigan, we know how much you love a pie so we’ve answered your PERi-PERi prayers. It’s pie and pey wet with a fiery PERi- PERi kick!
As a reminder, you'll need:
- 3 tbsp PERi-PERi sauce (choose your flavour)
- 250g new baby potatoes (washed)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion 100g (finely sliced)
- 2 spring onions (20g sliced)
- 180g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100g crème fraiche
- Small pinch of chopped fresh parsley
- 350g pre-rolled short crust pastry
- 20ml milk – for glazing the pie
Preheat oven to 200C fan assist.
Add the whole new potatoes to boiling salted water and cook for 20mins or until tender then drain.
Preheat frying pan over a medium to high heat with the oil.
Add the onion and cook until soft.
In a mixing bowl, combine all of the pie ingredients, including the potatoes, except the milk.
Lightly oil your pie dish, lay some pastry in the dish and fill with your potato and cheese mixture, press the filling down.
Top with pastry, crimp the edges, brush with milk then bake for 30 mins.
Remove the pie from the oven, serve and pour over the pea sauce (Pey Wet).
Can also be served in a white flour bap/roll.